Wednesday Workshop – Triggers for Care Management
Hello and welcome to Wednesday Workshop. Are you juggling a career, family needs and caregiving at the same time? Do you live too far away from your loved one to care for them with their everyday needs much less be aware of what is really going on?
The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center, as a non-profit organization, and first point of contact for caregivers of those diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia or other neurocognitive disorder, we are dedicated to providing affordable and comprehensive Care Management Services to the community.
Our care managers, social workers and registered nurse consultants, provide professional expertise, guidance and support, throughout the dementia caregiving journey.
They help assess individual needs, thoughtfully craft appropriate care options, and empower caregivers and families to make choices to enhance their loved ones safety and quality of life through the creation of a personalized Care Navigation™ plan. But how do you know if you need a Care Manager?
Here are some situations that may trigger the need for a Care Manager:
- Problems are becoming larger and more complex than you can deal with
- Demands and responsibilities are now overwhelming and too time consuming
- Medical and supportive care costs are spiraling out of control
- Require assistance with placement and home service options
- The entire family is at odds regarding care decisions
- Impaired communication between family members and service providers
- The person you care for has limited or no family support
- You live at a distance from your loved one
- Education and direction is needed to deal with difficult behaviors associated with dementia
People have different needs and more times than not, a crisis is what triggers the search for Care Management.
A lot of uncertainty can be avoided if you talk with your loved one before a crisis happens. You may be surprised to find your parents have been meaning to have the talk too and are relieved when you take the lead.
To speak with us here at the Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center about Care Management for you or your loved one, feel free to call us at (877) 760-9199. Thanks for watching today’s Wednesday Workshop and we’ll see you again next week!