Wednesday Workshop – The Benefits of Coaching for Caregivers
Hello and welcome to Wednesday Workshop. Whether you are a family caregiver, a paid caregiver or a long-distance caregiver to someone with Alzheimer’s or dementia, the pressure of caregiving can become overwhelming. In this crazy world, it’s hard enough to keep ourselves healthy and happy all the time. Try putting yourself in a primary caregiver’s shoes – now we have the burden of our loved one’s healthy and happiness weighing on our shoulders as well. How can one person cope with all the challenges and stress that come with caregiving?
The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center has a solution!
The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center has designed a specialized dementia specific coaching program to allow caregivers access to support and professional guidance from social workers, registered nurses and geriatric care managers, all of whom have extensive experience and training in supporting individuals, couples and families adjusting and coping with issues related to Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
Our Coaching for Caregivers™ program was designed to provide you with the opportunity to receive all of the benefits that come with attending a support group or caregiver workshop, but which are available to you on a one-on-one basis in a comfortable environment you choose, at a time that is convenient for you.
Our sessions are affordable and available in comfortable and convenient settings including our offices, your home or selected location, the telephone and online.
Common issues that may be explored in dementia specific Coaching for Caregivers™ session include:
• Adjustment to a new diagnosis or progression of symptoms
• Adjustment to changed roles/expectations within a couple or family
• Need for guidance about future plans
• Grief & loss
• Learn how to reduce stress and improve coping skills
• Need for understanding regarding behavior and personality changes in a person who has Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia
• A desire for a confidential and accepting setting in which to vent and discuss feelings
• Understand the behaviors commonly seen in Alzheimer’s and dementia patients
• Learn new ways to respond to challenging behaviors
• Find balance in your life and learn ways to take care of your own important self -care needs
• Learn strategies to effectively communicate with the Alzheimer’s dementia patient
• Next Steps™ ~ Moving forward after placement or loss
The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center’s Coaching For Caregivers™ program is your solution!
The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center’s Coaching For Caregivers™ program is your solution to get the personalized and professional support you need, when you need it most. If you believe coaching and professional guidance may benefit you or a loved one, or you simply want to learn more about all available services, call us today to schedule a complimentary session at (877) 760-9199. Thanks for watching today’s Wednesday Workshop and we’ll see you again next week!