Wednesday Workshop – Common Questions Caregivers Should Ask About Parkinson’s
Hello and welcome to Wednesday Workshop. When a loved one is diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, you will definitely have a lot of questions. Asking questions is one of the best ways to make decisions confidently and prepare for the future. Here are the most common questions that caregiver should ask about Parkinson’s disease.
- What does a Parkinson’s diagnosis mean?
- How can we cope with the symptoms?
- Is there anything we can do to slow its progression?
- What are the treatment options?
- Is there a cure?
- Are there special aids I need to consider for the home?
- Will a special diet be required?
- What side effects should I expect from medications?
- Is surgery necessary?
- What therapy options are beneficial?
Additionally, there are 5 more questions that you should ask your loved one’s doctor:
- What treatment options are available?
- Why are you suggesting this particular treatment path?
- What exercise program should they be doing, if any?
- How can I help my loved one improve their sleep and diet?
- What does their prognosis look like?
To learn more or to speak with us here at the Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center
Feel free to call us at (877) 760-9199 or email us below. Thanks for watching today’s Wednesday Workshop and we’ll see you again next week.