No one wants to think about their death any sooner than they must, but planning your funeral and cemetery services in advance, called “pre-planning” or “pre-arranging,” is a responsible, caring act that can reduce stress for your grieving loved ones.
It’s easy to understand how making decisions now about your final arrangements can help assure those left behind that your wishes are being honored.
- Take responsibility for your arrangements. Just as estate planning and creating a will are responsible actions, planning your final arrangements in advance makes emotional and financial sense and protects your loved ones from the burden of planning services for you.
- Eliminate guesswork for your family. When you prearrange your funeral and cemetery services, you’ll help alleviate your family’s burden of making difficult decisions at what will be an already difficult time. With your wishes recorded, they won’t be left to guess what you would have wanted.
- Personalize your service. Making your final arrangements in advance allows you to influence all elements of your services, including songs, readings or other personal details that are important to you. It’s your funeral – it should celebrate your life, your way.
- Avoid emotional overspending. By communicating exactly which merchandise and services you want, you can keep your family from purchasing unnecessary additions to your services.
- Find the value and quality you want. Investigating different funeral homes and cemeteries is an important part of making final arrangements. Comparison shopping allows you to find the value and quality of service that’s right for you.
- Lock in today’s prices. If you choose to fund your prearranged funeral plans, you can lock in today’s prices for products and services that likely will be more expensive in the future. It is important to work with a funeral professional to understand your options.
- Whether you simply want to ensure that your wishes are carried out, or you want to protect your family from making difficult decisions at a time of loss, planning your final arrangements in advance is an important responsibility, and one of the greatest gifts you can give your loved ones.
So don’t wait. Start planning now. Contact Dignity Memorial at (561) 833-4061 or send them an email at [email protected] to request a Personal Planning Guide.