Wednesday Workshop – 10 Things to do When Away from Your Loved One
Hello and welcome to today’s Wednesday Workshop. Everyone needs a break. Respite care provides caregivers a temporary rest from caregiving, while the person with Alzheimer’s continues to receive care in a safe environment. Respite care can help you as a caregiver by providing a new environment or time to relax. It’s a good way for you to take time for yourself.
Here are 10 things to do when away from your loved one:
- Take a spa day
- Go to the movies
- Catch up with friends at the local coffee shop
- Sign up for a yoga or painting class
- Relax and tan at the beach (lake or river)
- Walk or jog through the park
- Read a new book at the library
- Go shopping with the girls
- Take a long bike or car ride around town
- Visit a friend or family members house
If you are caring for a loved one, you need to take care of yourself so that you can continue to provide that care. Finding respite care is a necessity. Options for respite care range from informal agreements with friends and family to formal contracts for services with an agency.
For more information on finding respite care
Feel free to call us at (877) 760-9199. Thanks for watching today’s Wednesday Workshop and we’ll see you again next week!