Waves of Faith – The Five Finger Prayer
This five finger prayer is a good way to pray. It also leads all people to pray for things outside our limited view.
1. The thumb is the closest finger to you. So start praying for those who are closest to you. They are the persons easiest to remember. To pray for our dear one is a “sweet obligation.”
2. The next finger is the index. Pray for those who teach you, instruct and heal you. They need the support and wisdom to show direction to others. Always keep them in your prayers.
3. The following finger is the tallest. It reminds us of our leaders, the governors and those who have authority. They need divine guidance.
4. The fourth finger is the ring finger. Even that it may surprise you, it is our weakest finger. It should remind us to pray for the weakest, the sick or those plagued by problems. They need your prayers.
5. And finally we have our smallest finger, the smallest of all. Your pinkie should remind you to pray for yourself! When you are done praying for the other four group, you will be able to see your own needs but in the proper perspective, and also you will be able to pray for your own needs in a better way.
To speak with us here at the Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center, feel free to call us at (877) 760-9199. Thanks for watching today’s Waves of Faith and we’ll see you again next month!