Resources & Links
- ElderCare at Home
- ElderCare Resource Center
- Coaching for Caregivers
- ElderCare Matters®
- ElderCare Calls
- 2011 Hurricane Preparedness
- ElderCare & Alzheimer’s Care at Home – Blog
Other Recommended Sites
- Assisted Living Guide – If you are looking for an Assisted Living Facility and would like information from an unbiased source, visit the Gilbert Guide!
- Wiser Now– Downloadable books and products on Caregiving, Brain Aerobics & more!
- Support Groups: ElderCare Resource Center offers support groups for caregivers, teens who have a family member affected by Alzheimer’s disease, dementia or other memory impairment, and individuals who have early-stage dementia.
- Self Help From Self Growth: SelfGrowth.com is the most complete guide to information about Self -Improvement, Personal Growth and Self Help on the Internet. It is designed to be an organized directory, with articles and references to thousands of other Web Sites on the World Wide Web
- Alzheimer’s Disease Centers: The US federal government currently funds 29 Alzheimer’s Disease Centers (ADC’s) at major medical institutions across the United States.
- Alzheimer’s Disease Conferences: Conference specifically concerning Alzheimer’s and related dementia disorders.
- Medicare Website: The official U.S. government Web site for people with Medicare. Online tools help you find and compare drug plans and enroll in a plan.
- Clinical Trials – provides regularly updated information about federally and privately supported clinical research in human volunteers. ClinicalTrials.gov gives you information about a trial’s purpose, who may participate, locations, and phone numbers for more details.
- Alzheimer’s Foundation of America Care ADvantage Magazine – A free quarterly publication for caregivers of people with Alzheimer’s disease and related illnesses.
- Alzheimer’s Care at Home®– Helping families keep their loved one in the place they most want to be… Their own home… Services available throughout the United States.
- Coaching for Caregivers® – for patients, families and caregivers that want Alzheimer’s disease and dementia information, support and guidance, from the comfort of their own home.
- Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality – http://www.ahrq.gov/
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services – http://cms.hhs.gov
- National Institute on Aging – http://www.nih.gov/nia
- National Institutes of Health – http://www.nih.gov
- U.S. Government Site Medicare Information – http://www.medicare.gov
- Medline Plus – http://www.medlineplus.gov
Alzheimer’s Related Organizations
- AARP Webplace – http://www.aarp.org/
- Alzheimer’s Association – http://www.alz.org
- Alzheimer’s Disease Education and Referral Center – http://www.alzheimers.org/
- American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry – http://www.aagpgpa.org/
- American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging – http://www.aahsa.org/
- American College of Healthcare Administrators – http://www.achca.org/
- The American Health Assistance Foundation (AHAF)A nonprofit charitable organization with over 25 years dedicated to funding research on Alzheimer’s disease, educating the public about these diseases,and providing emergency financial assistance to Alzheimer’s disease patients and their caregivers. – http://www.ahaf.org/
- American Health Lawyers Association – http://www.healthlawyers.org
- Americans for Long-Term Care Security – http://www.ltcweb.org/
- Family Caregiver Alliance – http://www.caregiver.org
- Health Insurance Association of America – http://www.ahip.org/default.
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Associations – http://www.jcaho.org/
- Journal of the American Medical Association – http://jama.ama-assn.org
Other Alzheimer’s Related Resources
- Alzheimer’s.com – http://www.alzheimers.org
- Alzheimer’s Home Companion – http://www.care4elders.com/
- Alternative Solutions – www.activitytherapy.com
- American Long Term Care and Sub Acute Nurses Association – http://www.alsna.com/
- American Medical Directors Association – http://www.amda.com/
- Caregiving.com – http://www.caregiving.com/
- DH Special ServicesCreated in 1986, DH Special Services is an experienced healthcare consulting firm, dedicated to continuing education and consultation for the activity professional throughout New Jersey, New York, Maryland, and Pennsylvania. We offer the Basic Education and Advanced Management Courses for Activity Professionals. – http://www.dhspecialservices.com/home.htm
- Elder Books – http://www.ElderBooks.com/
- ElderWeb – http://www.elderweb.com/
- Ethnic Elders Care Network – http://www.ethnicelderscare.net
- Healingwell.com – Community, Information, Resources On Diseases, Disorders and Chronic Illness – http://www.healingwell.com/alzheimers/
- Kenes International – http://www.kenes.com/vascular
- Medical World Search – http://www.mwsearch.com/