Loving yourself is all about having self-respect. And in order to be loved, you must love and respect yourself as much as you do others. So how do you do that? Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Fall in love with YOU. What makes you special and unique? Grab a pen and paper and write down 10 things you love about yourself.
- Look into a mirror, stare into your eyes, and connect to your soul. Feel your essence. Accept that you’re special and unique.
- Nurture your body.When you love yourself, you’ll take care of your body. You will eat well, drink lots of water, exercise, and try to get enough sleep.
- You can’t love yourself without loving your spirit. Take time to connect to your spirit by practicing yoga, meditating, or praying.
- Explore ways to feed your mind: reading, having enlightening conversations, listening to music, going to the theater, sitting quietly or something else.
- Focus on ways you can build your self confidence. Do something you’re afraid to do. Try new foods. Take a different way home. Challenge yourself!
- Let go of toxic energy. Sometimes it’s easier to let go and forgive than to hold on to anger. Try releasing any toxic energy and embrace a more positive feeling.
- Be authentic. Make a conscious decision to be YOU. Remove the masks. If others don’t like it, it’s their problem not yours.
- Forgive yourself for everything you’ve done wrong and for everything you wish you had done right.
Remember that new habits take time.
You may revert to the old way of not loving yourself. Forgive yourself, immediately, and do something right away to keep moving forward.
We hope you’ve enjoyed today’s Monday Mojo and that these tips will help you start your week off right!