Monday Mojo for Caregivers – Ways to Get Mentally Tough
Hello and welcome to Monday Mojo for Caregivers. Mental toughness is the ability to persevere in pursuit of a goal; no matter how long it takes.
Here are five ways to become more mentally tough while caregiving.
- Do the hard things first. Pick the most dreadful task of the day and get it done early. When we choose the hard things in life we develop mental toughness and life becomes easier. When we always choose the easiest we get weaker.
- Be specific. Write down your goals and put them somewhere you can see them everyday.
- Be accountable. Whether you are working on your caregiving skills, your attitude, or your time management skills – have someone hold you accountable or make a goal to encourage you to keep going.
- Deal with problems. When life is hard we want comfort not change, but that’s not always what’s best for us. We need to address problems with courage and kindness before becoming bitter and resentful. Every time we run away from our problems, more problems follow. The minute we decide to deal with problems we become more mentally tough and better able to handle problems in the future.
- Guard your thoughts. The reason why it’s called mental toughness is because what you think determines how you act. If you want to become more mentally tough, you have to become tough about what you think. Replace weak thoughts like, “I can’t, I’m tired, I’m bored” with strong thoughts. Instead think to yourself, “I can do this and I’m capable”.
To speak with us here at the Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center
Feel free to call us at (877) 760-9199 or email us below. Thanks for watching today’s Monday Mojo for Caregivers and we’ll see you again next week!
Send us an email!
Alzheimer’s Care Community Support Groups
Alzheimer’s care community support groups are facilitated throughout Palm Beach County. Alzheimer’s caregivers support group locations West Palm Beach, Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Wellington, Lake Worth and Palm Beach Gardens for Alzheimer’s family caregivers and early-stage Alzheimer’s caregiver support groups.
Alzheimer’s Events West Palm Beach
The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center’s calendar of upcoming Alzheimer’s events is published monthly to serve the Alzheimer’s care community in South Florida. Free Alzheimer’s Caregiver Workshops; Alzheimer’s training, and free Alzheimer’s educational videos are available.
Alzheimer’s News Palm Beach County
The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center’s newsletter is published monthly and includes valuable news and information for Alzheimer’s family caregivers. Community organizations and professionals interested in submitting information for publication, can send a request to [email protected]