Monday Mojo for Caregivers – Unique Ways to Honor an Aging Loved One
Hello and welcome to Monday Mojo for Caregivers. One of the best parts of being a family caregiver to an aging loved one is the opportunity to spend quality time with them and enjoy the fun and meaningful days of life with them. Today we want to share and offer ideas on ways to honor the person that you love so much. Taking time to recognize someone not only honors the person, but it also gives you a way to showcase what you love so much about the person.
Here are 10 unique ways to honor your aging loved one:
1. Make a quilt out of their old clothes
2. Cook their favorite meal at family gatherings
3. Get a tattoo of their name or their handwriting
4. Make a scrapbook of their life
5. Volunteer for their favorite causes or donate in their name
6. Sponsor a bench or brick at one of their favorite places
7. Adopt a section of highway in their name
8. Frame something they’ve written like a poem or recipe
9. Make a toast to them during life events like weddings, anniversaries, and holidays
10. Create a Facebook page for them. Add their photos, videos, funny quotes and special memories. Then read them all the lovely comments!
It’s not hard to honor your loved one if you use a little creativity.
There are a million ways to show you care! They say the ultimate present to give another is your presence. A simple phone call, visit or meaningful conversation can show that your loved one is an important person to you. That’s honor!
To speak with the Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center, please call us at (877) 760-9199 or email us below. Thanks for watching today’s Monday Mojo for Caregivers and we’ll see you again next week!
Send us an email!
Alzheimer’s Care Community Support Groups
Alzheimer’s care community support groups are facilitated throughout Palm Beach County. Alzheimer’s caregivers support group locations West Palm Beach, Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Wellington, Lake Worth and Palm Beach Gardens for Alzheimer’s family caregivers and early-stage Alzheimer’s caregiver support groups.
Alzheimer’s Events West Palm Beach
The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center’s calendar of upcoming Alzheimer’s events is published monthly to serve the Alzheimer’s care community in South Florida. Free Alzheimer’s Caregiver Workshops; Alzheimer’s training, and free Alzheimer’s educational videos are available.
Alzheimer’s News Palm Beach County
The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center’s newsletter is published monthly and includes valuable news and information for Alzheimer’s family caregivers. Community organizations and professionals interested in submitting information for publication, can send a request to [email protected]