A positive person anticipates happiness, health and success, and believes he or she can overcome any obstacle and difficulty.
With a positive attitude we experience pleasant and happy feelings. This brings brightness to the eyes, more energy, and happiness. Our whole being broadcasts good will, happiness and success. Even our health is affected in a beneficial way. We walk tall, our voice is more powerful, and our body language shows the way we feel.
In order to turn the mind toward the positive, some inner work is required, since attitude and thoughts do not change overnight.
- Ignore what other people say or think about you, if they discover that you are changing the way you think.
- Use your imagination to visualize only favorable and beneficial situations.
- Use positive words in your inner dialogues, or when talking with others.
- Smile a little more, as this helps to think positively.
- Once a negative thought enters your mind, you have to be aware of it, and replace it with a constructive one. If the negative thought returns, replace it again with a positive one. It is as if there are two pictures in front of you, and you have to choose to look at one of them, and disregard the other. Persistence will eventually teach your mind to think positively, and to ignore negative thoughts.
- Another useful technique is the repetition of affirmations. This technique is similar to creative visualization, and can be used together with it.
To contact us here at the Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center
Please call us at (561) 588-4545. Thanks for watching today’s Monday mojo and we’ll see you again next week!