Monday Mojo for Caregivers – The Power of a Positive Mindset
Hello and welcome to Monday Mojo for Caregivers. A caregiver’s life is one full of twists and turn, as well as obstacles and challenges but nonetheless rewarding. With all the pressure and responsibility to perform well, how do caregivers maintain a positive attitude? It seems difficult but with a few tips it can be done!
A positive mindset is a mental and emotional attitude that focuses on the bright side of life and expects positive results.
A positive person anticipates happiness, health and success, and believes he or she can overcome any obstacle and difficulty. With a positive attitude we can experience pleasant and happy feelings. We walk tall, our voice is more powerful, and our body language shows the way we feel. Others are naturally attracted to being around your positive vibes and you just overall feel better about yourself!
In order to turn the mind toward the positive, some inner work is required, since attitude and thoughts do not change overnight. Here are some things to try:
- Become conscious of your thoughts.
- Use your imagination to visualize favorable and beneficial outcomes.
- Start using positive self-talk.
- Come up with a personal positive affirmation.
- Ignore what others think of you.
- Smile more.
- When a negative thought comes to mind, try to find the lesson hidden within or look to replace the negative thought with a constructive one.
To speak with us here at the Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center
Feel free to call us at (877) 760-9199 or email us below. Thanks for joining us in today’s Monday Mojo for Caregivers and we’ll see you again next week!