Monday Mojo for Caregivers – Quick and Healthy Breakfast Meals for Busy Caregivers
Hello and welcome to Monday Mojo for Caregivers. Mornings are usually somewhat hectic for families, but this is especially true for the family caregivers of the world. We are busy people who need to get up and get going so that we may help our loved ones. But what about our own needs and health? One thing a caregiver needs is a healthy meal that will sustain them until the afternoon, when lunch is ready. But breakfast needs to be quick, easy and not junk food!
Luckily, we’ve taken the time to come up with some delicious breakfast meals that any caregiver can make in just a few minutes. Enjoy!
- Banana Bagel – Your favorite toasted bagel; a tablespoon of peanut butter, and some thinly sliced bananas and you’re ready to go!
- Green Eggs and Ham – Easy and healthy! Just layer some ham, Swiss cheese, eggs and spinach between two pieces of whole wheat bread!
- Breakfast Burrito – Take a small burrito shell and add some warm scrambled eggs, salsa or fresh diced tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste and you’re done!
- Citrus Berry Smoothie – Add to blender and blend until smooth
- 1 1/4 cups fresh berries
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
- 1 tablespoon toasted wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Berry Parfait – Add the following to a large cup or bowl
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted if desired
- 2 teaspoons honey
To speak with us here at the Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center
Feel free to call us at (877) 760-9199. Thanks for watching today’s Monday Mojo for Caregivers and we’ll see you again next week!