Monday Mojo for Caregivers – Practicing Self – Compassion
Hello and welcome to Monday Mojo for Caregivers. We all know someone who seems to take care of everyone but themselves – most of the time, that person is you. You constantly juggle the responsibilities of caring for a loved and having a family. But when do you fit in time for yourself – to just relax and rejuvenate? Part of practicing self-compassion is realizing that you deserve to treat yourself like a priority.
Today, I’m here to let you know that it’s okay to take care of your mental health and your well-being. Try treating yourself like a best friend. Rather than criticizing or judging your best friend, you would listen to them with empathy and understanding. You would encourage them to do better and you would remind them that challenges are normal. Then you would give them a hug and let them know its okay and they are loved!
To practice self-compassion in your life today, start by:
- Realizing you are worth caring for
- Treating yourself like you would your best friend
- Coming up with a positive mantra such as, “I can do whatever I put my mind to!”
- Giving yourself a compliment
- Letting go of the fear of judgment from others
- Eating healthy
- Exercising daily
- Scheduling in that much needed “alone time” to renew yourself
- Celebrating your acheivements no matter how big or small they may be
To speak with us here at the Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center
Feel free to call us at (877) 760-9199 or email us below. Thanks for joining us for today’s Monday Mojo for Caregivers and we’ll see you again next week!