Monday Mojo for Caregivers – Free Music Playlist for Seniors
Hello and welcome to Monday Mojo for Caregivers. Music has been proven to be very beneficial for the elderly in long term care, particularly those living with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Research has shown that music promotes better health through the enjoyment of listening, dancing and singing. Music also triggers long forgotten memories and enables loved ones engage and reach a higher level of functioning.
Luckily, in today’s world, music has never been more affordable or easier to access. Websites such as YouTube, offer a wide variety of music free of charge. Today we’re here to give your loved one the uplifting music they’ve been looking for.
We’ve complied a playlist of songs from your aging loved one’s past. Enjoy!
- Spanish Eyes by Engelbert Humperdinck
- And I Love You So by Perry Como
- The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra
- L-O-V-E by Nat King Cole
- Stand by Me by The Drifters
- Let’s Twist Again by Chubby Checker
- For Once in My Life by Tony Bennett
- That’s Amore by Dean Martin
- Mambo Italiano by Dean Martin
- My Girl by The Temptations
- I’m Getting Sentimental Over You by Tommy Dorsey
- Ain’t That a Shame by Fats Domino
- Just One of Those Things by Peggy Lee
- Sound of Music from the movie The Sound of Music
- God Bless America by Celine Dion
- It Don’t Mean a Thing if it Ain’t Got That Swing by Ella Fitzgerald
- Hit the Road Jack by Ray Charles
- I Want You Back by The Jackson 5
- Hey Jude by The Beatles
- Isn’t She Lovely by Stevie Wonder
- I Got You Babe by Sonny and Cher
- Summertime by Billy Holliday
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Judy Garland
To speak with us here at the Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center
Feel free to call us at (877) 760-9199 or email us below. Thanks for watching today’s Monday Mojo for Caregivers and we’ll see you again next week!