Monday Mojo for Caregivers – 3 Ways to Take a Detox Bath
Hello and welcome to Monday Mojo for Caregivers. Nothing is more relaxing than a nice warm bath, except perhaps a nice relaxing warm detox bath that also helps cleanse the body. Seriously, these detox baths will help remove toxins from the body and they also tend to make you tired so I suggest doing them before bed!
Here are 3 ways to take a relaxing detox bath:
1. Salt Detox Bath – This bath is great for soothing skin irritation, boosting magnesium levels and overall detoxing.
Salt Detox Bath Recipe:
• ¼ cup Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt
• ¼ cup Epson Salt
• ¼ cup baking soda
• 1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
• Your favorite essential oils (if desired)
Salt Detox Bath Instructions:
Dissolve Salt, Epsom salt, and baking soda in boiling water in a quart size jar and set aside. Fill tub with warm/hot water and add apple cider vinegar. Pour salt mixture in and add essential oils if using.
Soak in bath for 30 minutes or as long as desired. Note that with any detox bath, you may feel tired or lightheaded when you get out. I don’t recommend doing this while home alone or before going somewhere in case you are tired or need help.
2. Clay Detox Bath – This bath is great for removing a lot of toxins as the clay binds to heavy metals and the epsom salts help pull a variety of toxins from the body while replenishing magnesium levels.
Clay Detox Bath Recipe:
• ½ cup Bentonite Clay
• ½ cup Epsom Salt
• Essential Oils (if desired)
Clay Detox Bath Instructions:
Dissolve the Epsom salts in a warm bath and add your essential oils if desired. For the clay there are two options:
1. Vigorously mix the clay in to a small amount of water until the clumps are mostly dissolved. Do not use metal for this! I mix with a plastic spoon in a glass jar. Add the clay mix to the bath and soak for at least 20 minutes.
2. Mix that clay with a small amount of water to make a paste. Stand in the tub full of water and rub the clay mix all over your body to create a skin mask and let dry for 5 minutes before sitting down. This provides direct contact with the skin and effectively pulls toxins from the skin. Soak in bath at least 20 minutes or as long as desired. While soaking, use a wash cloth to scrub any remaining clay off the skin.
3. Oxygen Detox Bath – This bath is especially helpful during illness as the ginger helps clear congestion or alleviate body aches. It can also be helpful for allergies or skin irritation.
Oxygen Detox Bath Recipe:
• 2 cups of Hydrogen Peroxide
• 1 Tablespoon Dried Ginger Powder
Oxygen Detox Bath Instructions:
Fill the tub with warm/hot water and add the hydrogen peroxide and dried ginger powder. Soak in tub for 30 minutes or as long as desired.
Important: I am not a doctor or medical professional and the advice in this post is for informational purposes only. If you are pregnant or have a health condition, consult a doctor before adding anything to your health routine.
To speak with us here at the Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center
Please call (877) 760-9199. Thanks for watching today’s Monday Mojo and we’ll see you again next week.