Monday Mojo for Caregivers – 20 Ways to Invite in More Joy
Hello and welcome to Monday Mojo for Caregivers. Who couldn’t use a little more joy in their life? When we feel joy, we feel great about ourselves. We feel confident, powerful, capable, lovable and fulfilled.
These are all good reasons to experience more joy in our life. Here are 20 ways to do it:
1. Go outside and listen to the birds sing.
2. Put on your favorite shoes and take yourself out for coffee.
3. Text a friend.
4. Turn up your favorite song and jump around.
5. Call your mom and tell her you love her (or call your BFF and do the same).
6. Write down 10 things you’re grateful for.
7. Make your favorite comfort food.
8. Head to the water or the woods, and notice five beautiful things.
9. Ask your Facebook friends to tell you one good thing about their day.
10. Write a thank you note.
11. Go to a yoga class or painting class (or push yourself to do something you love that isn’t at work or home and involves just being around others).
12. Eat a cupcake or a yummy cookie.
13. Look at yourself in the mirror and say “I am worthy. I am enough. I am loved.”
14. Find a dandelion and make a wish.
15. Watch your favorite movie or TV show.
16. Write a list of your favorite things.
17. Ask a friend or family member to tell you that story that always makes you crack up.
18. Take off your shoes and stand up and feel your toes and your heels and thank the earth for supporting you and keeping your grounded.
19. Give someone flowers (and maybe keep one stem just for you).
20. Ask for a hug.
To speak with us here at the Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center
Feel free to call us at (877) 760-9199. Thanks for watching today’s Monday Mojo for Caregivers and we’ll see you again next week!