Monday Mojo for Caregivers – 10 Ways to Build Resilience
Hello and welcome to Monday Mojo for Caregivers. Resilience is “bouncing back” or adapting from difficult experiences.
Here are 10 ways to build resilience in your life:
- Make connections – Participating in groups or organizations may provide social support and help with reclaiming hope. Accepting help and support strengthens resilience.
- Avoid viewing problems as impossible – Stressful things happen, you can choose how you view and respond to stress. Be aware of the little things that help you feel better.
- Accept changes as part of life – Accepting situations that cannot be changed can help you focus on circumstances that you can change.
- Move towards your goals – Develop realistic goals. Do something regularly. Every small success helps you to move towards your goals.
- Take clear actions – Act on difficult situations as much as you can. Take positive actions, rather than detaching completely from problems and wishing they would just go away.
- Look for opportunities for self-discovery – Many people who have suffered tragedies and hardship have reported: better relationships; a greater sense of strength even while feeling vulnerable; increased sense of self-worth; a more developed spirituality; and a heightened appreciation for life.
- Nurture a positive view of yourself – Develop confidence in your ability to solve problems. Trust your instincts to help build resilience.
- Keep things in perspective – Try to consider stressful situations in the bigger picture. Keep a long-term perspective and avoid blowing the situation out of proportion.
- Maintain a hopeful outlook – An optimistic attitude enables you to expect that good things will happen in your life. Visualize what you want rather than worrying about what you fear.
- Take care of yourself – Pay attention to your own needs and feelings. Participate in activities that you enjoy and find relaxing. Taking care of yourself helps keep your mind body prepared to deal with stressful situations.
To speak with us here at the Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center
Please call (877) 760-9199. Thanks for watching today’s Monday Mojo and we’ll see you again next week!