Monday Mojo – 10 Inspirational Tips for Alzheimer’s Caregivers
We hope these 10 inspirational tips will help you find comfort and peace. They can empower you to help yourself as well as your loved one.
- Savor all of those special moments you have with your loved one. You will cherish them later.
- Learn how to ground yourself. It will help calm you in the storm.
- Remember: Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
- Your faith will keep you going. Stay connected to your spirit and your beliefs.
- Be gentle with yourself. At the end of the day, realize you did the very best you could.
- It’s okay not to speak. A soft touch, warm smile or gentle hug will send a message your loved one will receive.
- It’s okay. Let it out. When the storm passes, you’ll feel stronger.
- Surround yourself with those that care. Their love and support will help sustain you.
- There is no manual for this. No right or wrong. Just put one foot in front of the other and take it one day at a time.
- When you feel you’re at the end of your rope, hold on tight and reach out for help. You’re not alone… We promise.
24-hour Alzheimer’s Caregiver Help Line
© Copyright 2015. Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center, Inc. All Rights Reserved.