As Alzheimer’s disease progresses, the Care Navigators at the Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center continue to work with caregivers to keep their loved one at home, while maintaining their desire to allow the person with dementia to live in the least restrictive, yet safest environment possible.
Care Navigators are able to provide:
- Comprehensive Home Safety Evaluations with Recommendations.
- Fall Risk Assessments.
- Arrangements for home modifications including grab bars, tub modifications, alarm systems and medical alert systems.
- Schedule driving evaluations.
- Train and support caregivers when it is time to take away the keys.
- Train caregivers to effectively manage difficult behaviors that could result in safety issues.
To learn more, call us at 877-760-9199