Geriatric Care Management
The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center’s Geriatric Care Navigation Program™ was designed as a progressive, affordable and empowering approach to traditional geriatric care management.
Caregivers are often overwhelmed with making choices for their loved one. Coping with current care needs and trying to anticipate the future can create stress and very often fear of the future.
The good news is caregivers never need to feel alone and can feel hopeful that even in complicated situations, solutions exist to make a positive difference for the caregiver and the care receiver.
Our care managers are social workers, registered nurses, counselors or geriatric care managers who provide professional expertise and experience with the dementia journey.
They assess individual needs, thoughtfully craft appropriate care options, and empower caregivers and families to make choices to enhance their loved ones safety and quality of life through professional Geriatric Care Navigation™ plan. Additional care management services include:
- Alzheimer’s Care Assessment™
- Geriatric Care Navigation Plan™
- Medication Management
- Socialization and cognitive stimulation
- Accompany to doctor appointments
- Crisis intervention and crisis prevention
- Assistance with assisted living and long term care placement
- Alzheimer’s and dementia specific education and training for caregivers
- Counseling and coaching services
- Home safety evaluations and recommendations including monitoring
- Hurricane and special needs planning
- Delay nursing home placement
- 24 hour Alzheimer’s Care Crisis Line
The Care Navigator directs a multidisciplinary team that ensures that all of the patient’s needs are met by partnering with physicians and other care professionals to advocate and create a cohesive care team. Care Navigation Plans not only provide ongoing and continuous care, but they incorporate all of the medical, physical, social, psychological and spiritual needs of the patient and often the direct caregiver as well.
If you believe Geriatric Care Navigation may benefit you and your loved one, or you simply want to learn more about available services, The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center™ is always open and our professional family of Care Navigators™ are ready to welcome you. REACH OUT today for a complimentary telephone consultation with a Care Navigator™.