The geriatric care managers at The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center are dedicated professionals with over 21 years of experience and expertise working with patients and families struggling with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and other types of memory impairments.
The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center focuses on the whole family. Whether you are a patient, caregiver, spouse, child, grandchild or friend, our comprehensive services will help you, help your loved one.
Our geriatric care managers are advance degree professionals including, Social Workers and Registered Nurses. They are required to be members of the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers or the Case Management Society of America. All of our Care Managers are dedicated professionals with years of experience and expertise working with patients and families struggling with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and other types of memory impairments.
Care Management Services include:
- Comprehensive ElderCare Assessments®. We begin with an in-depth telephone call to review your concerns and caregiving issues. We then schedule a visit with the patient to complete the ElderCare Assessments®. After the ElderCare Assessment® is complete, the ElderCare Plan® is prepared and includes all of the recommendations and objectives for improving and enhancing the care recipients quality of life.
- Private Duty Nursing Professionals & Paraprofessional Referrals– RN’s, LPN’s, CNA’s, HHA’s and Comforting Companions®. Each patient and each family has different needs and we know that those needs usually change. The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center will assure that regardless of the skill the patient presently requires, it is provided by the most professional, compassionate, dedicated and loyal nurses, nurses aides and companions, in the industry today.
- Adult Daycare Referrals – Not all adult day care centers are the same. For patients that would benefit from Adult Day Care, we will provide you with specific recommendations on the programs that are best suited to meet the needs of your loved one. We also provide our clients with the 10 most important things you should insist on when choosing an Alzheimer’s/ Dementia Specific Adult Day Care Program.
- Reach out for Respite™– Our unique Reach out for Respite® program was created just for caregivers. When you’re a full-time caregiver for someone suffering from Alzheimer’s disease or dementia, a few hours set aside, just for you, sometimes makes all the difference in the world. Whenever you are ready, whenever you reach out, we are here to help.
- Physician Referrals – Whether you are searching for a neurologist, internist, gerontologist, orthopedist or any other medical specialist, finding the right Physician is crucial. Our staff will guide you in selecting the physician’s that will become an integral part of your loved ones health care team.
- Elder Care Advocacy – Whether our clients are still living in their own home or in another long term care setting, our care managers provide ongoing services, support and advocacy to ensure that their care needs are being met appropriately and their independence and autonomy is fully realized.
- Fall Prevention & Home Safety Evaluations – The ElderCare Assessment includes a comprehensive fall prevention and home safety evaluation that encompasses all areas of the home.
- Counseling and Emotional Support – On-line and in-person counseling and support services are provided by professional geriatric care managers whose credentials and qualifications have been independently verified by the American Counseling Association (ACA).
- Nutrition & Dietary
- Medication Management– Most of our clients have been diagnosed with more than one medical condition and take numerous medications. We work closely with the various prescribing physicians to assure proper medication management and patient compliance.
- Crisis prevention, intervention and stabilization – Our Geriatric Care Managers work closely with our new clients to help prepare for a crisis before it occurs. For families already in the midst, we provide comprehensive crisis stabilization and intervention services 24 Hours A Day , 7 Days A Week and 365 Days a Year.
- Daily telephone calls – Sometimes a simple phone call can make all the difference in the world!
- Health & Wellness Services
- Community Based Services & Entitlement Evaluations
- ElderCare Monitoring – Placement, and advocacy at assisted living facilities & nursing homes
- Home Management Services – bill paying, checkbook balancing, insurance processing and other financial services
- Relocation Assistance & Travel Arrangements
- Alzheimer’s Disease Training, Education & Consulting