It’s not easy to care for someone you love when you live at a distance. Whether it’s just an hour that divides you or a State, you might spend a lot of time worrying and wondering what you can do to help.
The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center provides comprehensive Geriatric Care Management Services that help our clients manage the complex needs of their loved one. We start by talking with you in depth and learning about your particular situation, challenges and areas that you feel you might need some help with. From long term care planning, to coordinating home care and respite services, to accompanying your loved one to an important doctor appointment, you can count on our professional geriatric care managers to give you the peace of mind you need.
Some of additional geriatric care management services include:
- Provide emotional support to the primary caregiver. This can be done online, via conference call, through our Coaching for Caregivers program or through our Virtual Support Groups.
- Coordinate services for a loved one, such as arranging for household help or in-home care, and follow up to make sure there are no problems
- Manage a loved one’s medical bills or records
- Communicate with all Physician’s on your loved ones health care team
- Manage and monitor all medications
- Hurricane and Disaster Preparedness
- Create, implement and monitor an appropriate ElderCare Plan so that your loved one enjoys the very best quality of life possible.
- Provide cognitive stimulation and appropriate stage specific activities in the home.
- Serve as an advocate for your loved one, and a surrogate for you!
So many long distance caregivers struggle with guilt, frustration and sadness because they feel they don’t do enough. If you are experiencing these emotions, please remind yourself that you are doing the very best you can with what you’ve got! It will be okay!
Call the Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center today to learn more! 855-476-7600