Director, Education and Outreach
The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center is the only non-profit organization in South Florida dedicated to meeting the unique needs of caregivers as they cope with the changes and challenges that accompany caring for someone with dementia. We offer an excellent work environment; career development opportunities, as well as an excellent compensation and benefit package.
Job Title: Director, Education and Outreach
Location: Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center, Inc. – Palm Beach County, Florida
Position Summary: Responsible for the coordination and delivery of education and outreach activities throughout South Florida
- Build, maintain, and strengthen diverse community partnerships and promote awareness of the ACRC and its mission by attending networking meetings and events.
- Build a robust stream of referrals from clinical settings to ACRC services and programs
- Plan, coordinate and implement education programs in compliance with ACRC standards.
- Work closely with staff to implement effective marketing tools for local education programs.
- Recruit and work with volunteers regularly, in committees and in one-to-one situations throughout the year.
- Represent the ACRC by participating in civic organizations, committees, workgroups, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree, human services, gerontology, or related field.
- 1-3 years of relevant consultative sales experience working in a human/social services setting
- Proficient understanding of Alzheimer’s disease and the aging process
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the local health care industry
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to envision new or improved methods, procedures, products, or ideas in delivering education and outreach to the community at large;
- Ability to refine established ideas as well as independent thinking and resourcefulness in the areas of education and outreach;
- Project management skills: ability to maintain a portfolio of approximately 10 programs, each involving multiple process steps;
- Critical competencies include but are not limited to: effective communication skills, relationship management, time management, and ability the to work well in a team environment;
- Networking/sales and the ability to move people to action;
- Access to health care and senior networks;
- Microsoft Office databases;
- Good speaking voice and excellent presentation skills
Travel: Frequent within the specific geographic area; automobile with valid driver’s license and insurance required.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday; ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, motivated self-starter with who can work independently, has a strong attention to detail and has the capacity to manage multiple parallel projects or assignments.
Interested candidates should forward resume with salary requirements in confidence to: [email protected]
Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Per-diem position to provide counseling services to caregivers of those with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia or other cognitive impairment.
Description: Conduct home visits and see patient’s in our West Palm Beach/Lake Worth office, as well as nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include provision of therapeutic treatment, including individual, family, and group therapy. The capacity to develop a good working relationship with clients, to complete therapeutic assessments, assess therapeutic needs, develop, update and review treatment plans, and implement therapeutic treatment modalities in a culturally competent manner is essential.
1. Counseling and Therapy Responsibilities.
- Provide culturally competent counseling services to clients.
- Accurately assess client needs and strengths.
- Develop treatment plans with clients.
- Prepare progress notes and document client contacts.
- Provide crisis phone counseling when necessary.
2. Provide for safety and confidentiality of clients and staff.
3. Complete and provide documentation required to maintain program contracts.
4. Positive representation of the Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center and the Clinical Counseling & Coaching programs in the community.
1. Master’s degree in Social Work or related field from an accredited university.
2. Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) – State of Florida
3. Minimum of 5 years experience in conducting therapy sessions with individuals and families
4. Minimum of 2 years experience in counseling caregivers of those with Alzheimer’ disease, dementia or other cognitive impairment.
5. Knowledge of and skills related to individual therapy, family therapy, and group therapy.
6. Knowledge of ethical and professional standards.
7. Ability and willingness to function as active and cooperative member of a professional team.
8. Must have reliable transportation, a current Florida driver’s license and evidence of personal auto liability insurance.
9. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred but not required
Send resume in confidence to: [email protected]
The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer.