Wednesday Workshop – What is Aging Life Care?
Hello and welcome to our Wednesday Workshop. As a non-profit organization that serves our community as the first point of contact for caregivers of those diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia or other neurocognitive disorder, the Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center provides affordable, accessible, and comprehensive care management services to our community including in-home memory care, advanced clinical care management and a variety of Aging Life Care Services.
What is Aging Life Care?
Aging Life Care / geriatric care management is a holistic, client-centered approach to caring for older adults or others facing ongoing health challenges. Working with families, the expertise of Aging Life Care Professionals™ provides the answers at a time of uncertainty. Their guidance leads families to the actions and decisions that ensure quality care and an optimal life for those they love, thus reducing worry, stress and time off of work for family caregivers through:
- Assessment and monitoring
- Planning and problem-solving
- Education and advocacy
- Family caregiver coaching
Aging Life Care Professionals are able to assist in a variety of areas, such as:
- Housing – helping families evaluate and select appropriate level of housing or residential options
- Home care services – determining types of services that are right for a client and assisting the family to engage and monitor those services
- Medical management – attending doctor appointments, facilitating communication between doctor, client, and family, and if appropriate, monitoring client’s adherence to medical orders and instructions
- Communication – keeping family members and professionals informed as to the well-being and changing needs of the client
- Social activities – providing opportunity for client to engage in social, recreational, or cultural activities that enrich the quality of life
- Legal – referring to or consulting with an elder law attorney; providing expert opinion for courts in determining level of care
- Financial – may include reviewing or overseeing bill paying or consulting with accountant or client’s Power of Attorney
- Entitlements – providing information on Federal and state entitlements; connecting families to local programs
- Safety and security – monitoring the client at home; recommending technologies to add to security or safety; observing changes and potential risks of exploitation or abuse
To learn more or to speak with us here at the Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center
Feel free to call us at (877) 760-9199 or email us below. Thanks for watching today’s Wednesday Workshop and we’ll see you again next week!
Send us an email!
Alzheimer’s Care Community Support Groups
Alzheimer’s care community support groups are facilitated throughout Palm Beach County. Alzheimer’s caregivers support group locations West Palm Beach, Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Wellington, Lake Worth and Palm Beach Gardens for Alzheimer’s family caregivers and early-stage Alzheimer’s caregiver support groups.
Alzheimer’s Events West Palm Beach
The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center’s calendar of upcoming Alzheimer’s events is published monthly to serve the Alzheimer’s care community in South Florida. Free Alzheimer’s Caregiver Workshops; Alzheimer’s training, and free Alzheimer’s educational videos are available.
Alzheimer’s News Palm Beach County
The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center’s newsletter is published monthly and includes valuable news and information for Alzheimer’s family caregivers. Community organizations and professionals interested in submitting information for publication, can send a request to [email protected]