The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center collaborates with other professionals and community based organizations, who come together to best meet the needs of the Alzheimer’s caregiver and the Alzheimer’s care receiver.
We have developed this page to provide Alzheimer’s caregivers with information on resources that we believe might help you as you navigate your caregiving journey.
Diagnosis, Treatment, Research and Clinical Trials
Conveniently located in Delray Beach, Brain Matters Research has become nationally recognized for its research into Alzheimer’s disease and other memory disorders, such as Mild Cognitive Impairment and Age Associated Memory Impairment. Founded in 2004 by Dr. Mark Brody, Brain Matters Research provides caregivers with much needed access to resources and innovative treatment options.To schedule an appointment, call Brain Matters Research at 561-374-8461 or visit their website.
Palm Beach Neurological Center, located in Palm Beach Gardens, is a diagnostic, treatment and research center for Neurological Diseases. The Center is a well respected, established private practice with over 29 years of experience providing patient care and performing clinical research trials. To learn more, call them at 561-694-1010 or visit their website.
Located in Lake Worth, the Alzheimer’s Research and Treatment Center was founded by Dr. David Watson. He has participated in over 300 clinical trials for the treatment or prevention of Alzheimer’s disease over the past twenty years and is considered one of the top leaders in this field. He is a Certified Clinical Trial Investigator and presently serves as Principal investigator on numerous clinical trials for Alzheimer’s disease. To learn more, call them at 561-209-2400 or visit their website.
Parkinson’s disease is the second most common neurodegenerative disease after Alzheimer’s, affecting more than a million people in the United States and an estimated four million worldwide. National Parkinson’s Foundation – South Florida, provides programs and services for people with Parkinson’s disease and their families. To learn more, call them at 800-473-4636 or visit their website.
Lewy Body Dementia Association is dedicated to raising awareness of the Lewy body dementias (LBD), supporting people with LBD, their families and caregivers and promoting scientific advances. To learn more call them at 800-539-9767 or visit their website.
Community Based Organizations
Your Aging & Disability Resource Center is part of a nationwide network that provides information on aging issues, advocacy, one-on-0ne assistance and a host of services that help seniors maintain their independence. Call 866-684-5885 or visit their website.
211 Palm Beach/Treasure Coast collects and maintains information on community health and human services and makes this information available via its hotlines, helplines, printed directories, and on the web. Services are provided at no cost to anyone regardless of race, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability. To reach them, dial 211 or visit their website.
In-Home Care and Private Duty Care
- Alzheimer’s Community Care – Multiple Locations
Palm Beach County
- Broward County
- Martin County
- St. Lucie County
Alzheimer’s Related Organizations
- AARP Webplace http://www.aarp.org/
- Alzheimer’s Disease Education and Referral Center http://www.nia.nih.gov/alzheimers
- American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry http://www.aagpgpa.org
- The American Health Assistance Foundation (AHAF) A nonprofit charitable organization with over 25 years dedicated to funding research on Alzheimer’s disease, educating the public about these diseases,and providing emergency financial assistance to Alzheimer’s disease patients and their caregivers. http://www.ahaf.org/
- Family Caregiver Alliance http://www.caregiver.org
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services http://cms.hhs.gov
- National Institute on Aging http://www.nih.gov/nia
- National Institutes of Health http://www.nih.gov
- U.S. Government Site Medicare Information http://www.medicare.gov
- Medline Plus http://www.medlineplus.gov
Other Recommended Sites
- Florida Assisted Living Coalition
- ClinicalTrials.gov provides regularly updated information about federally and privately supported clinical research in human volunteers.
Call the Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center today at 877-760-9199 to learn more about our dementia specific programs and services. Our door is always open for you!
The information contained on the Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center website is provided for informational and educational purposes only and should not be construed to be a diagnosis, treatment, regimen, or any other health-care advice or instruction. The reader should seek his or her own medical or other professional advice, which the information contained in the Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center website is not intended to replace or supplement. The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center disclaims any responsibility and liability of any kind in connection with the reader’s use of the information contained herein.