Local Community Based Organizations
- 211 http://www.211palmbeach.org/
- Your Aging Resource Center – Elder Help Line http://www.youragingresourcecenter.org/
- Palm Beach County Seniors Services Directory http://www.pbcgov.com/communityservices/programs/seniorservices/
Alzheimer’s Related Organizations
- AARP Webplace http://www.aarp.org/
- Alzheimer’s Association http://www.alz.org
- Alzheimer’s Disease Education and Referral Center http://www.nia.nih.gov/alzheimers
- American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry http://www.aagpgpa.org/
- American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging http://www.aahsa.org/
- American College of Healthcare Administrators http://www.achca.org/
- American Geriatric Society http://www.americangeriatrics.org
- The American Health Assistance Foundation (AHAF) A nonprofit charitable organization with over 25 years dedicated to funding research on Alzheimer’s disease, educating the public about these diseases,and providing emergency financial assistance to Alzheimer’s disease patients and their caregivers. http://www.ahaf.org/
- American Health Lawyers Association http://www.healthlawyers.org
- Family Caregiver Alliance http://www.caregiver.org
- Health Insurance Association of America http://www.hiaa.org/
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Associations http://www.jcaho.org/
- Journal of the American Medical Association http://jama.ama-assn.org
- Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality http://www.ahrq.gov/
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services http://cms.hhs.gov
- National Institute on Aging http://www.nih.gov/nia
- National Institutes of Health http://www.nih.gov
- U.S. Government Site Medicare Information http://www.medicare.gov
- Medline Plus http://www.medlineplus.gov
Other Recommended Sites
- Florida Assisted Living Coalition
- Assisted Living Directory – Simply wonderful directory with links to ALF’s in many states.
- Clinical Trials: Current clinical trials on Alzheimer’s disease – Alzheimer’s Foundation of America site.
- ClinicalTrials.gov provides regularly updated information about federally and privately supported clinical research in human volunteers.
The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center is the only local community non-profit organization in Palm Beach, Broward and Martin County focused strictly on meeting the needs of Alzheimer’s and dementia caregivers.