Coaching for Caregivers
The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center™ recognizes the unique needs of caregivers, care receivers, family and friends of those who are experiencing issues related to Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia.
The emotional journey of facing Alzheimer’s disease and memory loss can be overwhelming. The toll of stress, fear, anxiety, anger and loss can begin to impact relationships, family and couple roles, work life & physical and emotional health. Coaching for Caregivers™ offers a nonjudgmental professional window in to your thoughts and feelings.
Coaching allows you to explore in an environment of understanding with the goal of improving your quality of life as you address concerns and discover solutions.
Alzheimer’s and Dementia Coaching and Counseling
The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center™ has designed a specialized dementia specific coaching program to allow clients access to support and professional guidance from social workers, registered nurses and geriatric care managers, all of whom have extensive experience and training in supporting individuals, couples and families adjusting and coping with issues related to Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
Our Coaching for Caregivers™ program was designed to provide you with the opportunity to receive all of the benefits that come with attending a support group or caregiver workshop, but is available to you on a one-on-one basis in a comfortable environment you choose at a time that is convenient for you.
Our sessions are affordable and available in comfortable and convenient settings including our offices, your home or selected location, the telephone and online via email.
- Adjustment to a new diagnosis or progression of symptoms
- Adjustment to changed roles/expectations within a couple or family
- Family discord regarding care options/plans
- Need for guidance about future plans
- Grief & loss Desire for improved coping skills
- Learn how to reduce stress and improve coping skills
- Coping with past relationship issues with person who has Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia
- Need for understanding regarding behavior and personality changes in a person who has Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia
- A desire for a confidential and accepting setting in which to vent and discuss feelings
- Understand Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia’s
- Manage the symptoms of memory loss
- Understand how Alzheimer’s disease is diagnosed and treated
- Understand the behaviors commonly seen in Alzheimer’s and dementia patients
- Learn new ways to respond to challenging behaviors
- Find balance in your life and learn ways to take care of your own important self care needs
- Plan for future needs
- Learn strategies to effectively communicate with the Alzheimer’s/dementia patient
The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center’s Coaching For Caregivers™ program is your solution to get the personalized and professional support you need, when you need it most. If you believe coaching and professional guidance may benefit you or a loved one, or you simply want to learn more about all available services, The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center is always open and our professional family of Care Navigators are ready to welcome you. REACH OUT today for a free telephone consultation with a professional Care Navigator™.
The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center is the only local community non-profit organization in Palm Beach, Broward and Martin County focused strictly on meeting the needs of Alzheimer’s and dementia caregivers.
Call the Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center today at 561-588-4545 to learn more about our dementia specific programs and services.
Our door is always open for you!