24 Hour Alzheimer’s Caregiver Helpline
Caregivers and family members of those with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia or other cognitive impairment never have to go through a crisis alone. The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center is here to help you get through it.
We provide local caregivers and families with counseling, coaching, guidance, support, and dementia specific resources to help you cope with the challenges of caring for someone with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
Education and training is available to help caregivers manage difficult behaviors, learn effective communication techniques and help to manage stress.
The Alzheimer’s Caregiver Helpline helpline is available to anyone in the Alzheimer’s community 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to provide emotional support, guidance, resources and crisis intervention to caregivers and family members of those with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and other memory impairments.
Alzheimer’s Caregiver Helpline Alzheimer’s Crisis Line
The Alzheimer’s Caregiver Crisis Line is answered by our experienced and empathetic Care Navigators who are all social workers, registered nurses, counselors and/or Professional Geriatric Care Managers.
Their role is to help you get through the initial crisis, create a plan to help prevent a future crisis, and provide you with:
- Immediate crisis intervention
- Emotional support
- Education, training and guidance on disease specific behaviors
- Identification of Alzheimer’s care issues and creation of a solid Alzheimer’s Care Plan™
- Recommend appropriate Alzheimer’s care options
- Connect you to professional services & Alzheimer’s community resources
- Assure safety for the caregiver and the patient
- Future crisis prevention strategies
After the initial call, the caregiver or family member may seek additional support and services, assessment and intervention via the Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center’s family of services including Geriatric Care Navigation and/or Coaching for Caregivers for individual, family and couples or a Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center caregiver support program.
Anyone in the Alzheimer’s community can use the 24 Hour Alzheimer’s Helpline Alzheimer’s Crisis Line including:
- Caregivers of Alzheimer’s, dementia or other cognitively impaired patients
- Law Enforcement
- Case Managers and Geriatric Care Managers
- Home Health Agency Staff
- Community Services Staff
- Family Members
- Trust Officers & Banking Personnel
- Anyone in the Alzheimer’s community who identifies a crisis involving a probable Alzheimer’s Disease or related disorder patient or their caregiver.
The Alzheimer’s Care Resource Center is the only local community non-profit organization in Palm Beach, Broward and Martin County focused strictly on meeting the needs of Alzheimer’s and dementia caregivers.
Reach Out Today and Remember You Are Never Alone…